This 1-Port Serial Device Server lets you remotely access and manage an RS232 serial device over a local area network (LAN), for a simple and cost-effective serial-over-IP control solution.
For more control options, the device server is compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software NETRSAPP. When coupled with the NETRS232, this handy application for iOS, Android, and Chrome Browser lets you build a custom serial control interface that's tailored to your specific application.Flexible power and mounting options
For installation flexibility across a variety of environments, you can power the device server using the provided 12V DC power adapter, or using the integrated 10~30V DC terminal block.
Plus, the device server is DIN rail mountable for out-of-the-way installations.Protects your investment
To help ensure reliable performance and prevent possible damage, the serial device server offers 15KV ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection, so you can rest assured that the device server won't become damaged due to externally generated ESD.Customizable and wide compatibility
This highly-customizable device server is easy to configure to suit your application. For easy setup, Windows users can use the provided Virtual COM port software, or the versatile web-based interface.
The RS232 device server supports Telnet (an operating system independent communication protocol), so it can be integrated into mixed OS environments (Windows, Mac, Linux). Plus, it supports VCOM, TCP Server/Client, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, ICMP(PING), Static IP, and ARP protocols.
Download the application software and manage your serial devices with ease Download the StarTech.com serial control software from the Apple App Store, the Google Play™ Store, or the Chrome Web Store.
The NETRS232 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
More from the Manufacturer
- A compact, cost-effective, serial-over-IP solution that includes a DIN rail mounting bracket
- Redundant and flexible power input using the included power adapter, or 10~30V DC terminal block input
- Safeguard your investment, with 15KV ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection
- Compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software for iOS, Android, and Chrome Browser (NETRSAPP)
- Supports Telnet, for OS independent communication, perfect for Windows, Mac, and Linux® users
- Supports VCOM, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, ICMP(PING), Static IP, ARP