The micro USB to serial adapter cable for Android™ converts the micro USB port on your Android mobile device into an RS232 DB9 connection, letting you control a serial device from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet. For more control options, the device server is compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software (NETRSAPP). When coupled with the ICUSBANDR232, this handy application for Android lets you build a custom serial control interface that's tailored to your specific application. Plus, you can keep your Android mobile device charged even when using the adapter to control or configure a serial device. The adapter cable features an integrated USB power cable that connects to a computer USB port, USB wall charger or portable USB battery pack to power the adapter. Designed for mobility and integration into mixed environments, this portable and lightweight single cable solution is compatible with nearly all Android OS version 3.2 Honeycomb or later devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note®, Galaxy® S5, S4, S3, or S2, Google Nexus 7™, 5, or 4, and Motorola or HTC mobile devices. The versatile adapter will even work with devices that don't support USB On-The-Go (OTG)! This Micro USB to serial adapter features an integrated FTDI USB UART Chip supporting baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps, provides serial configuration via a downloadable FTDI AOA (Android Open Accessory) HyperTerm Application, and offers standard CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR flow control. Download the StarTech.com serial control software from the Apple App Store, the Google Play™ Store, or the Chrome Web Store.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
More from the Manufacturer
- Powers and charges the connected Android device, USB-powered via PC USB port, USB wall charger, or USB mobile battery pack
- OTG (On-The-Go) support not required by the connected mobile device
- Single cable, small footprint design for portability
- Compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software for iOS, Android, and Chrome Browser (NETRSAPP)
- USB to Straight-Through RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter for Android
- Supports baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps