- Salicylic acid (SA), a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), helps clear acne and prevents future outbreaks, while alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), a combination of Lactic and Glycolic Acids, smoothes and softens skin.
- is a program that reduces the amount of porous matter in your Reduces blackheads and helps to diminish the appearance of pores. Niacinamide helps to calm skin, while Hyaluronic Acid helps to preserve skin's natural hydration.
- Apply CeraVe Acne Control Gel to the entire face in a thin layer after cleaning with CeraVe Acne Treatment Face Wash. Because this product may make you more sensitive to the sun, use CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 instead.
- To avoid irritation on acne-prone skin, use gentle, paraben-free, and fragrance-free skin care. Drying alcohols like denatured alcohol, which are typically included in acne spot treatments and can cause extreme dryness, are not used in this formula.
- Ceramides are lipids that make up half of the lipids in the skin barrier and are present naturally in the skin. Ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) are present in all CeraVe products to aid in the restoration and maintenance of the skin's natural barrier.
CeraVe Acne Control Gel is a moisturizing daily acne treatment that contains 2% salicylic acid to help clear acne and prevent new outbreaks. It also contains soothing niacinamide and barrier-strengthening ceramides, as well as mild exfoliation with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids (AHA and BHA) that help enhance the appearance of pores.
Maintaining a clear, healthy complexion necessitates the use of an efficient acne treatment. Salicylic acid is an effective component for treating acne and preventing new outbreaks, and a moderate exfoliating treatment can help decrease the appearance of pores. An acne gel with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids (AHA and BHA) that is oil-free and non-drying can make the face seem smooth and radiant without damaging the skin's natural protective barrier or drying it out.
CeraVe is the #1 dermatologist-recommended acne moisturizer brand*, and our new Acne Control Gel is a moisturizing, full-face acne treatment with glycolic and lactic AHAs, as well as the BHA salicylic acid. This gentle yet efficient exfoliant clears acne, helps prevent new acne spots from developing, and reduces the appearance of pores while enhancing skin structure and smoothness. Acne Control Gel is oil-free, alcohol-free, and gentle on the skin. It also replenishes the skin's protective barrier with three essential ceramides that work together to lock in moisture and help restore your skin's protective barrier, calms the skin with niacinamide, and helps skin look noticeably clearer after three days. Ceramides are encapsulated using MVE technology.