With Scotts Turf Builder Rapid Grass Sun & Shade Mix, you can get outside and enjoy your grass. Grass seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit and there is no chance of frost, which is usually in the fall and spring. Before applying grass seed with a Scotts spreader, rake the top layer of soil. Water twice a day for at least three weeks to get the optimum results. Each 5.6 lb. 2,800 sq. ft. package seeds ft. depending on the rate of overseeding. Use weed control products only after your lawn has been established (mowed at least four times); if you've already used weed control, follow the package guidelines for planting grass seed. Finally, to help maintain your thick, green lawn, use Scotts' Lawn Food products every 8 weeks throughout the season.
|The Scotts Company
|Manufacturer Item Number
|Product Dimensions (Inches)
|4.5 L x 9.5 W x 15 H
|Product Weight (Assembled)
- Enjoy a new lawn in just weeks with Scotts® Turf Builder® Rapid Grass Sun & Shade Mix®; grows up to 2x times faster than seed alone when applied at the new lawn rate (subject to proper care)
- Unique, proprietary combination of sun and shade mix of seed and fertilizer results in full green grass that grows in just weeks; expect to see grass growing at a minimum of 12 days and maximum of 21 days
- This sun and shade grass seed and fertilizer combination will change the way you grow grass; it's the most complete solution for large problem areas in your lawn and for establishing new grass
- Fall and Spring are the best times to plant grass seed; seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and the chance of frost has passed
- For best results, rake soil lightly to remove debris; apply grass seed with a Scotts® spreader, then water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 to 3 inches tall; one 5.6-lb. bag seeds up to 2,800 sq. ft.