- High power efficiency is provided by the Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive technology, which is equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw.
- For ease of use, a variable speed trigger (0–3, 940 FPM) is provided.
- The built-in lock-off mechanism keeps the chain from accidently engaging.
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with an auto power-off feature automatically turns off the saw when operation is delayed for longer battery life.
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries provide power and performance without requiring the 18V LXT platform to be removed (batteries not included).
- Product Dimensions (cm): 25.91 x 53.09 x 25.91
Landscapers and contractors want additional cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power tools. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V x2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18" Chain Saw (model XCU04Z, Tool only), which has zero emissions, lower noise, and requires significantly less maintenance. It's powered by two 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power, speed, and run-time but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. It produces no emissions and requires little maintenance: no engine oil, no spark plugs to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. Furthermore, there is no need to drain the gasoline for storage. Simply pick it up, insert two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, and you're ready to go. Convenience features include "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard designed to activate the chain brake when engaged, an electronic brake for optimal productivity, and other features.