- A cordless solution for a variety of polishing applications that require mobility.
- The battery-powered Dual Action Polisher has a Random Orbit with Forced Rotation or a Free Spin Rotation option.
- Dual power mode: High power provides corded power for correcting applications, while low power provides extended run-time for polishing applications.
- The cordless design eliminates the hassle of managing cords and the accidental marring of delicate surfaces.
- The High Capacity BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, allowing the motor to run cooler and more efficiently, resulting in a longer life; variable (0–780) RPM and (0–6,800) OPM
- Product Dimensions (cm): 180.34 x 41.71 x 15.88
Makita polishers are popular among automotive detailers and marine enthusiasts, and the 18V LXT Brushless Cordless 5"/6" Dual Action Random Orbit Polisher, Tool Only (XOP02Z) has a slew of new features to ensure consistent performance job after job. The dual action control allows users to choose between "random orbit with forced rotation" and "random orbit with free rotation," and the variable speed control dial has five speed settings, allowing them to tailor the speed and action to the application. The cordless design eliminates the hassle of managing cords and accidental surface marring.
An electronic controller that automatically applies additional power to maintain constant speed even under load, as well as soft start for smoother start-ups and longer gear life, are additional performance features. It's ideal for commercial-duty polishing jobs. The BL Brushless Motor does away with carbon brushes, allowing the motor to run cooler and more efficiently, resulting in a longer life.
It is a component of Makita's growing 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their class, allowing them to spend more time working and less time charging.
Makita developed Star Protection Computer Controls to improve tool performance and battery life. Star Protection is a communication technology that enables the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor operating conditions to protect against overloading, overcharging, and overheating. The tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries for added versatility, with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.