- For faster cutting, the Makita Brushless Motor delivers up to 7,100 RPM.
- For power management, there are three speed options (low: 4,200 RPM, medium: 6,000 RPM, and high: 7,100 RPM).
- Controlled cutting speed is achieved by using a variable speed trigger switch.
- Makita couple shaft attachments for various applications are compatible.
- The lever-style lock system allows for quick tool-free attachment installation and replacement.
- Product Dimension (CM): 38.10 x 105.92 x 25.91
Landscaping professionals and contractors want more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita's expanding cordless OPE lineup includes the 18V x2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head. The power head, with zero emissions, low noise, and maximum versatility, is a welcome solution for a variety of trimming and cutting applications. It is powered by two 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum performance and run time without the inconvenience of gas and without leaving the 18V battery platform. The power head is compatible with a wide range of optional couple shaft attachments and features a lever-style lock system for quick tool-free installation and replacement. It is compatible with a variety of attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting (sold separately). It should be noted that kit XUX01ZM5 includes a string trimmer attachment. Makita's efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use, resulting in up to 50% more run time per battery charge than comparable non-brushless tools. When increased power and speed are required, electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application. The Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently, resulting in a longer life. For added security, the electronic torque control turns the motor off if the rotation speed suddenly slows or stops, and the overheat warning system illuminates an indicator light and is designed to shut down the motor automatically. A variable speed trigger and a reverse (clockwise) rotation system allow the operator to quickly clear the brush cutter head of entangled weed and grass.